Individual DVD Set
Why this course was developed:
JCAHO in the early 90s identified a discrepancy in the training and monitoring of non-anesthesia nurses doing sedation. Capt. Michael Eslinger, the creator of this program, was appointed to a committee at naval hospital Jacksonville, Florida to develop standards within the hospital to meet JCAHO standards, audits and quality assurance issues.
Capt. Eslinger, after retiring from the Navy, was approached by a number of hospitals requesting the use of the four hour certification program he had developed. Because of the obvious void in training, certification and a deficiency in the common standard of knowledge for non-sedation registered nurses, MDs; moderate sedation certification was developed into a standardized training program to meet all of JCAHO, AAAHC and the NIHO Accreditation sedation standards.
Sedation Certification developed by Capt. Eslinger is the only course of its kind.
Who should take this course:
The following areas offer non-anesthesia RN, MD and PA sedation: Emergency Departments, Post Anesthesia Care Units, Operating Rooms, Special Procedures, Gastroenterology, Endoscopy, Radiology, Ophthalmology, Plastic Surgery and Oral Surgery.
Continuing Education Credits:
To receive 10 CE Credits for this workshop complete the application and review questions included with DVD set with a score of 80% or higher.
This Sedation Certification Continuing Education training is approved for:
Provider approved by the California Board of Registered Nursing. Provider # CEP 15997 for 10 Contact Hours.
Healthy Visions is an approved provider of continuing nursing education by the Alabama State Nurses Association, an accredited approver by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation (ANCC).Code # 5-133-2000.
The American Board of Certification for Gastroenterology Nurses (ABCGN) has designated Sedation Certification and Clinical Competency as GI-Specific for 6.75 contact hours.
Get Certified in Moderate (Conscious, Procedural and IV) Sedation now!
5 DVDs and a 4 Hour Competency Study Manual and Exam
Intra-op Bio-Rhythmic Music CD for patient listening
Moderate Sedation Simulator Demo
Individual DVD Set
This Course Covers
- Pharmacology—what you can and what you cannot use
- Equipment required & desired
- Complications – easier to prevent than to manage
- Patient discharge
- Competence in patient management
- Pediatric and geriatric sedation
- The mechanically ventilated patient
- Risk management
- The power of suggestion and music for patient sedation to enhance outcomes
- Scope of practice issues
- Standards of practice
- Controversial issues
- Levels of sedation
- Objectives of moderate sedation
- JCAHO policy
- Pre-sedation assessment
- Intra-procedural monitoring
- Post-procedure assessment
- Informed consent for the patient
You will receive
- Six hours of video lectures and four hours of competency study by Ron Eslinger
RN, CRNA on the means, methods and medications for safe sedation
- JACHO standards for moderate sedationare covered in depth
- A full course manual with PowerPoint presentation and a competency reading guide
- Covers up to date drugs and medications used in procedural and/or conscious sedation
- A full course manual and PowerPoint presentation
- 100 question exam with a passing grade of 80%
- You will get notification right away when you pass!
- You will be able to download your CE
- Credit Certificate when you pass
- You will receive via mail your Certification Certificate suitable for framing
- You will also receive a free one year membership in the American Association of Moderate Sedation Nurses
- (AAMSN) with a certificate suitable for framing and a membership card
Individual DVD Set – $250.00
Group DVD Set:1 DVD Set Per Group:
– 3-9 Participants – $200.00 per person
– 10+ Participants – $170.00 per person
– Must include name of each participant
Call (865) 269-4616 to receive discount
Group purchase includes:
– 1 DVD/CD set – DVDs and CDs may be copied for individuals listed during purchase only
– 4 Lecture DVDs
– 1 Resource CD
– 1 Bio-Rhythmic CD
– 1 Hard-copy Manual – Manual is also located on the Resource CD for printing
Hard-copy test packets for each individual in your group
Works on Windows (XP, Vista and 7) Mac (OS X and up) Android and IPhone and IPad