[et_pb_section admin_label=”section”][et_pb_row admin_label=”Row”][et_pb_column type=”3_4″][et_pb_text admin_label=”Text”]
Sedation Certification Live Course Agenda: Click Here
Who should take this course:
The following areas offer non-anesthesia RN, MD and PA sedation: Emergency Departments, Post Anesthesia Care Units, Operating Rooms, Special Procedures, Gastroenterology, Endoscopy, Radiology, Ophthalmology, Plastic Surgery and Oral Surgery.
- Syllabus and Data CD with all Course Materials
- Comprehensive Certification Competency Manual
- Certification Application with Post Test and Answer Sheet
- Sample Monitoring Record
- Sample PACU Discharge Record
- Sample Informed Consent By form
- 10 Continuing Education Credits for RNs and LPNs
- Intra-Operative Biorhythmic Music CD
- CD Syllabus, Competency Manual and Review Exam
- Subliminal Bio-Rhythmic Music CD for Intra-op Listening to Improve patient outcome
- 1-year free membership in the American Association of Moderate Sedation Nurses (AAMSN)
The Learner will be able to:
- Discuss the differences between minimal sedation, moderate sedation, deep sedation, and general anesthesia.
- State 4 objectives/goals of sedation.
- Identify your institution’s policy regarding care of the patient undergoing sedation.
- Demonstrate care for the patient during pre-procedure, intra-procedure, and post-procedure phases of sedation.
- List the drugs, routes, and dosages for the drugs commonly used in moderate sedation.
- Discuss antidotes (dosage, side effects, indications) for commonly used drugs with sedation.
- Describe signs and symptoms of partial and complete airway obstruction.
- Demonstrate interventions to correct partial and complete airway obstruction.
- Identify side effects and contraindications to medications that have the potential to suppress a patient’s protective reflexes and respirations.
- Discuss the significance of utilizing the ASA classification during pre/post procedural pediatric and adult assessment.
- Integrate age-specific principles into care of the pediatric and geriatric patient undergoing moderate sedation.
- Document clearly, completely, and according to established standards, policies and instructions.
- Administer moderate sedation safely.
- Effectively manage complications which might arise during moderate sedation.
- Each application requires a copy of professional license and current ACLS or PALS
- Certification is available to RNs, MDs and PAs
- LPN’s and Respiratory Therapists may take the workshop for CE Credits only and Receive a Certificate of Participation
A $25 administration fee will be charged for all refunds. Telephone cancellations will be honored up to 5 business days before the meeting begins. Substitutions will be accepted, but must meet the ACLS, RN registration requirement.
In the event of a cancellation for any reason, but not limited to, registration response, strikes, acts of God, etc., the liability of Healthy Visions shall be limited to full refund of registration fee.
Fee: $200.00 tuition
[/et_pb_text][/et_pb_column][et_pb_column type=”1_4″][et_pb_text admin_label=”Text” background_layout=”light” text_orientation=”left” text_font_size=”14″ use_border_color=”off” border_color=”#ffffff” border_style=”solid”]