Earn your “Certification in Moderate Sedation Online” plus 10 CE Credits (for RNs, MDs, DOs)
Course cost is $200.00
Moderate Sedation Certification Course Objectives
The Learner will be able to:
- Discuss the differences between minimal sedation, moderate sedation, deep sedation, and general anesthesia.
- State 4 objectives/goals of sedation.
- Identify your institution’s policy regarding care of the patient undergoing sedation.
- Demonstrate care for the patient during pre-procedure, intra-procedure, and post-procedure phases of sedation.
- List the drugs, routes, and dosages for the drugs commonly used in moderate sedation.
- Discuss antidotes (dosage, side effects, indications) for commonly used drugs with sedation.
- Describe signs and symptoms of partial and complete airway obstruction.
- Demonstrate interventions to correct partial and complete airway obstruction.
- Identify side effects and contraindications to medications that have the potential to suppress a patient’s protective reflexes and respiration.
- Discuss the significance of utilizing the ASA classification during pre/post procedural pediatric and adult assessment.
- Integrate age-specific principles into care of the pediatric and geriatric patient undergoing moderate sedation.
- Document clearly, completely, and according to established standards, policies and instructions.
- Administer moderate sedation safely.
- Effectively manage complications which might arise during moderate sedation.
Online Registration Instructions
“You are a 10 in this presentation. I have been to classes for the last six years and I have learned more today that is on my level than the other classed I have attended. Thank you very much; this has been a great class.”Connie Childers
- Six hours of video lectures and four hours of competency study on the means, methods and medications for safe sedation.
- A full course manual with PowerPoint presentation and a competency reading guide.
- 100 question exam with a passing grade of 80%.
- The on-line course allows three (3) chances to pass a randomized exam.
- You will get notification right away when you pass!
- You will be able to download your CE Credit Certificate when you pass.
- You will receive via USPS mail your Certification in Moderate Sedation Certificate suitable for framing.
- You will also receive a free one year membership in the American Association of Moderate Sedation Nurses (AAMSN) with a certificate suitable for framing and a membership card.
- Works on Windows (XP, Vista and 7) Mac (OS X and up) Android and iPhone and iPad
The Continuum of Care is:
Consciousness… Sedation… Deep Sedation… Anesthesia… Coma… DEATH
The goal of the nurse, and provider managing the conscious sedation on this continuum is; “sedation“.
You must have a current ACLS or PALS for certification. Course cost $200.00 US
- To Register for the course “Click Here”
- Look to the right > “New User Registration”
- Read the instructions (When selecting course choose “Moderate Sedation 3rd Edition”)
- If you have any trouble or wish to pay by check please call 866-312-3159.
Steps to re-access the course:
- Return to http://sedationcertification.com
- Click on “Individual Login”
- Choose “3rd Edition Online“
- Enter the username and password you signed up with.
Compatibility: Windows XP, Vista, 7 and 8 and Apple OS 10.4 and up. It is also compatible with all iPads and Android devices.
This Sedation Certification Continuing Education training is approved for:
Provider approved by the California Board of Registered Nursing. Provider # CEP 15997 for 10 Contact Hours.
Healthy Visions is an approved provider of continuing nursing education by the Alabama State Nurses Association, an accredited approver by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation (ANCC). Code # 5-133.
The American Board of Certification for Gastroenterology Nurses (ABCGN) has designated Sedation Certification and Clinical Competency as GI-Specific for 6.75 contact hours.
Physician category II CMEs.