Earn your “Certification in Moderate Sedation Online” plus 10 CE Credits (for RNs, MDs, DOs)
Moderate Sedation Certification Course Objectives
The Learner will be able to:
- Discuss the differences between minimal sedation, moderate sedation, deep sedation, and general anesthesia.
- State 4 objectives/goals of sedation.
- Identify your institution’s policy regarding care of the patient undergoing sedation.
- Demonstrate care for the patient during pre-procedure, intra-procedure, and post-procedure phases of sedation.
- List the drugs, routes, and dosages for the drugs commonly used in moderate sedation.
- Discuss antidotes (dosage, side effects, indications) for commonly used drugs with sedation.
- Describe signs and symptoms of partial and complete airway obstruction.
- Demonstrate interventions to correct partial and complete airway obstruction.
- Identify side effects and contraindications to medications that have the potential to suppress a patient’s protective reflexes and respiration.
- Discuss the significance of utilizing the ASA classification during pre/post procedural pediatric and adult assessment.
- Integrate age-specific principles into care of the pediatric and geriatric patient undergoing moderate sedation.
- Document clearly, completely, and according to established standards, policies and instructions.
- Administer moderate sedation safely.
- Effectively manage complications which might arise during moderate sedation.
Click for Registration Instructions
For Course Preview Click Here
A note from one of our RNs about this course:
“You are a 10 in this presentation. I have been to classes for the last six years and I have learned more today that is on my level than the other classed I have attended. Thank you very much; this has been a great class.”
Connie Childers, RN
- Six hours of video lectures and four hours of competency study on the means, methods and medications for safe sedation.
- A full course manual with PowerPoint presentation and a competency reading guide.
- 100 question exam with a passing grade of 80%.
- The on-line course allows three (3) chances to pass a randomized exam.
- You will get notification right away when you pass!
- You will be able to download your CE Credit Certificate when you pass.
- You will receive via USPS mail your Certification in Moderate Sedation Certificate suitable for framing.
- You will also receive a free one year membership in the American Association of Moderate Sedation Nurses (AAMSN) with a certificate suitable for framing and a membership card.
- Works on Windows (XP, Vista and 7) Mac (OS X and up) Android and iPhone and iPad
The Continuum of Care is:
Consciousness… Sedation… Deep Sedation… Anesthesia… Coma… DEATH
The goal of the nurse, and provider managing the conscious sedation on this continuum is; “sedation”.
Instructions for on-line Sedation Certification Registration
You must have a current ACLS or PALS for certification.
1. To Register for Course “Click Here”
2. Look to the right > “Register Here”
3. Read the instructions (When selecting course choose “Moderate Sedation Certification 2nd Edition”)
If you have any trouble or wish to pay by check please call 866-312-3159.
Steps to re-access the course:
1. Return to http://sedationcertification.com
2. Click on “Individual Login”
3. Enter the username and password you signed up with.
This Sedation Certification Continuing Education training is approved for:
- Provider approved by the California Board of Registered Nursing. Provider # CEP 15997 for 10 Contact Hours.
- Healthy Visions is an approved provider of continuing nursing education by the Alabama State Nurses Association, an accredited approver by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation (ANCC). Code # 5-133.
- The American Board of Certification for Gastroenterology Nurses (ABCGN) has designated Sedation Certification and Clinical Competency as GI-Specific for 6.75 contact hours.
- Physician category II CMEs.