Moderate Sedation Online Course for Nurses
Why this course was developed:
JCAHO in the early 90s identified a discrepancy in the training and monitoring of non-anesthesia nurses doing sedation. Capt. Michael Eslinger, the creator of this program, was appointed to a committee at naval hospital Jacksonville, Florida to develop standards within the hospital to meet JCAHO standards, audits and quality assurance issues.
Capt. Eslinger, after retiring from the Navy, was approached by a number of hospitals requesting the use of the four hour certification program he had developed. Because of the obvious void in training, certification and a deficiency in the common standard of knowledge for non-sedation registered nurses, MDs; moderate sedation certification was developed into a standardized training program to meet all of JCAHO, AAAHC and the NIHO Accreditation sedation standards. Sedation certification developed by Capt. Eslinger is the only course of its kind.
Earn a “Certification in Moderate Sedation”, and 10 CE Credits (for RNs)Course Preview Register for Sedation Certification's Online Course
Course cost $200.00 US
Who should take this course:
The following areas offer non-anesthesia RN, MD and PA sedation: Emergency Departments, Post Anesthesia Care Units, Operating Rooms, Special Procedures, Gastroenterology, Endoscopy, Radiology, Ophthalmology, Plastic Surgery and Oral Surgery.
RNs and MDs working in endoscopy, ER, OR, day surgery clinic or any other medical practice area where you are required to sedate patients you should take this course and get certified.
This Sedation Certification Continuing Education training is approved for:
- Provider approved by the California Board of Registered Nursing. Provider # CEP 15997 for 10 Contact Hours.
- Healthy Visions is an approved provider of continuing nursing education by the Alabama State Nurses Association, an accredited approver by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation (ANCC).Code # 5-133-2000 Expiration 9/1/2014.
- The American Board of Certification for Gastroenterology Nurses (ABCGN) has designated Sedation Certification and Clinical Competency as GI-Specific for 6.75 contact hours.
Everything you need is included in this course!
- Six hours of video lectures and four hours of competency study by Ron Eslinger RN, CRNA on the means, methods and medications for safe sedation.
- JACHO standards for moderate sedation are covered in depth
- A full course manual with PowerPoint presentation and a competency reading guide.
- Covers up to date drugs and medications used in procedural and/or conscious sedation.
- A full course manual and PowerPoint presentation.
- 100 question exam with a passing grade of 80%.
- The on-line course allows three (3) chances to pass a randomized exam.
- You will get notification right away when you pass!
- You will be able to download your CE Credit Certificate when you pass.
- You will receive via mail your Certification Certificate suitable for framing.
- You will also receive a free one year membership in the American Association of Moderate Sedation Nurses (AAMSN) with a certificate suitable for framing and a membership card.
- Works on Windows (XP, Vista and 7) Mac (OS X and up) Android and IPhone and IPad
A note from one of our RNs about this course:
“You are a 10 in this presentation. I have been to classes for the last six years and I have learned more today that is on my level than the other classed I have attended. Thank you very much; this has been a great class.”
- After you read the instructions click on the text in step 12 “To pay for and enter course “Click Here”.
- After clicking the button you will be directed to the Account log in screen.
- On the right side of the account log in screen you will see “Register here” read the instructions and click “Create new account”.
- Fill in all the information using correct capitalization. You must have a current ACLS or PALS for certification. After the information is filled in click “Create my new account” at the bottom.
- You will receive an email with directions and a course link. Normally the Email is immediate, it may take up to 5 minutes. If it takes longer please check the “spam” folder in your Email.
- Check the email account you registered with and click the conformation link.
- You should be directed back to the Sedation courses, click on “Moderate Sedation Certification 2nd Edition” to purchase this course.
- Scroll down to the credit card information. Fill out the credit card information entering the “billing” name and address for the credit card you are using. When the information is completed click on “Send Payment” If you have any trouble or wish to pay by check please call 866-312-3159.
- Read the instructions before starting the course and before each module.
- To re-access the course return to http://testing.sedationcertification.com and click on log in in the top right corner. Your course is Moderate Sedation Certification 2nd Edition”.
- Enter your personal user name and password that you signed up with.
- If you do not receive your confirmation Email or have any other trouble please email us: email@example.com
- To pay for and enter this course “Click Here”