Why this course was developed:
JCAHO in the early 90s identified a discrepancy in the training and monitoring of non-anesthesia nurses doing sedation. Capt. Michael Eslinger, the creator of this program, was appointed to a committee at naval hospital Jacksonville, Florida to develop standards within the hospital to meet JCAHO standards, audits and quality assurance issues.
Capt. Eslinger, after retiring from the Navy, was approached by a number of hospitals requesting the use of the four hour certification program he had developed. Because of the obvious void in training, certification and a deficiency in the common standard of knowledge for non-sedation registered nurses, MDs; moderate sedation certification was developed into a standardized training program to meet all of JCAHO, AAAHC and the NIHO Accreditation sedation standards. Sedation certification developed by Capt. Eslinger is the only course of its kind.
Who should take this course:
The following areas offer non-anesthesia RN, MD and PA sedation: Emergency Departments, Post Anesthesia Care Units, Operating Rooms, Special Procedures, Gastroenterology, Endoscopy, Radiology, Ophthalmology, Plastic Surgery and Oral Surgery.
This Sedation Certification Continuing Education training is approved for:
- Provider approved by the California Board of Registered Nursing. Provider # CEP 15997 for 10 Contact Hours.
- Healthy Visions is an approved provider of continuing nursing education by the Alabama State Nurses Association, an accredited approver by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation (ANCC).Code # 5-133-2000 Expiration 9/1/2014.
- The American Board of Certification for Gastroenterology Nurses (ABCGN) has designated Sedation Certification and Clinical Competency as GI-Specific for 6.75 contact hours.
Get Certified in Moderate (Conscious, Procedural and IV) Sedation now!
Individual DVD Set - Order Online
Independent Study on DVD CERTIFICATION IN MODERATE SEDATION Syllabus and Resource CD with all Course Materials
-6 Hour Lecture on DVD and 4 Hour Manual Review
-CD Syllabus, Competency Manual and Review Exam
-Bio-Rhythmic Music CD for Patients with subliminal suggestions
DVD # 1
- Contains Scope and Standards of Practice
- JCAHO Definitions
- The Continuum of Sedation
- Nursing Assessment
- ASA Physical Status
DVD # 2
DVD # 3
- Medications Continued
- High Risk Patients
- Discharge Criteria
- Geriatric age considerations
- Pediatric Age Considerations
- Nursing Suggestions and Patient Outcomes
- Plus Data and Audio CD
CONTINUING EDUCATION CREDITS:
To receive 10 CE Credits for this workshop complete the application and review questions included with DVD set with a score of 80% or higher.
Individual DVD Set – $250.00
Group DVD Set:1 DVD Set Per Group:
- 3-9 Participants – $200.00 per person
- 10+ Participants – $170.00 per person
- Must include name of each participant
Call (865) 269-4616 to receive discount
Group purchase includes:
- 1 DVD/CD set – DVDs and CDs may be copied for individuals listed during purchase only
- 4 Lecture DVDs
- 1 Resource CD
- 1 Bio-Rhythmic CD
- 1 Hard-copy Manual – Manual is also located on the Resource CD for printing
Hard-copy test packets for each individual in your group